Hartford Parks & Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Vermont Flower Show Bus Trip
Friday, March 3, 2023
THEME: The 2023 Vermont Flower Show Grand Garden Display theme will be Out of Hibernation! Spring Comes to the 100-Acre Wood, an adaptation of the world and magic of Winnie the Pooh, by A. A. Milne.
VERMONT FLOWER SHOW:
The Vermont Flower Show is quite unique among flower shows in the U.S. and we will be ready to usher in the Spring of 2023! VNLA members and associates build a 15,000 square foot themed landscaped display (equal to about an acre). A committee works on the design and we receive hundreds of donations of plants, time, materials and labor. A group of volunteers then comes together for 3.5 days to build this display. Along with the grand garden landscaped display, the show offers a wide variety of features and activities to choose from (see highlights below).
- Grand Garden Display (over 15,000 s. ft.) filled with flowering bulbs, shrubs trees, and water features!
- Local artists will be painting live in the Grand Garden Display.
- Over 100 vendors related to the horticultural/gardening participate in the Flower Show Marketplace
- Over 35 educational seminars and hands-on workshops on a variety of topics.
- Experts on-hand all 3 days to answer your gardening and landscaping questions.
- Family Room with craft and planting activities all 3 days as well as scheduled entertainment.
- Local bookstore will offer a great selection of books to choose from.
- The Federated Garden Clubs of VT display
- Plant Sale at the conclusion of the show on Sunday.
For Additional Information, visit their website - https://vnlavt.org/vermont-flower-show/
8:30AM - Premier Luxury Motor Coach Departs from Wendell A. Barwood Arena Parking Lot
10:00AM - 3:00PM - Vermont Flower Show
4:30PM-5:00PM - Approximate Return Time