Hartford Parks & Recreation Department
Skip to nav
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Volunteer Coaches and Team Coordinator are needed. If you are interested in helping this season, email Jay McDonough - email@example.com.
Parks & Rec will offer a six week youth basketball program to Hartford residents in grades Kindergarten through 6th grade.
All participants must bring their own basketball and clean indoor sneakers. If you need a basketball, HPRD will issue players their own ball to use for the season.
Players in grades 3-6 will practice 2x/week, focus on skills and drills and play in-house games. If there are enough players to form multiple teams, players will be split up into equally matched teams.
K-2 Basketball is an in-house program which divides participants into small groups during practices and focuses on skill development and fun.
Grades 3rd-6th will start the week of March 8th.
K-2 Grade will start on Saturday, March 13th
No t-shirts or uniforms will be issued.
Sign up early. Numbers are limited due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Grades 3rd-6th... Week night practices 6:00pm-7:00pm / Saturday morning time TBA / Team practice days TBA
5th/6th Boys Mon & Friday / Wed & Sat @ DBS
5th/6th Girls Tue/Thu @ DBS
3rd/4th Boys Mon & Friday / Wed & Sat @ OQS
3rd/4th Girls Tue/Thu @ OQS
2nd Grade: 45 min practice - 11:15am-12:00pm @ OQS
1st Grade: 45 min practice - 10:00am-10:45am @ OQS
Kindergarten: 45 min practice - 8:45am-9:30am @ OQS
- Facial Coverings must be worn at all times.
- Social distancing must be followed at all times, including, before, during and after practices.
- No parents and spectators are allowed in the gym during practices and games.
- Player drop-off and pick-up will occur outside the gymnasium door.
- Come ready to play. Only bring what is required for a practice or game. Players may arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to their practice time and must depart no later than 10 minutes after their practice time ends. Players need to bring their own water bottles and basketball. Use the restroom before you arrive, use of the bathrooms during practice is restricted.
- Players must conduct a self health screening prior to attending each session. Coaches will reinforce health screening and take a temperature check upon arrival.
- Players and parents must adhere to all COVID-19 guidelines.
More details will be sent prior to the start of the season.