Creative Lives: Broadway Ventures
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Dates: July 12th through July 23rd
Cost: $400 ($200 per week)
Broadway Ventures is a two-week-long, musical theatre intensive program, where students will perform a “full-length, well known musical!” Whether this is your first theatrical experience or your tenth, Broadway Ventures is for you! Performers will be fully immersed in every aspect of the stage experience, from singing, dance, stage management, and acting. If you long for the spotlight or are just interested in being in a show, Broadway Ventures will be a transformative experience where you discover your passions, talents, and what it takes to perform a musical!
(Note: auditions are not required. Anyone who wishes to participate may register, first come, first serve, for a space at camp. However, those interested in having a speaking part or other solo should plan to attend auditions, as stated below!).
Musical: You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown!
Director: Brycen Nardone
Choreographer/Asst. Director: Andrea Nardone
Music Director: Alicia Dale
Life Skills/Character Ed: Maureen Burford
Hartford Rec. is pleased to offer this experience in collaboration with Creative Lives, a non-profit devoted to helping children thrive in all aspects of their lives. As part of these stagecraft experiences, all participants will practice new skills for building positive self-esteem, creative relationships, inner discipline, focus, and more.
Broadway Ventures Performer Responsibilities:
- All performers must be incoming 6th graders - outgoing 12th graders.
- All performers must attend every rehearsal for the entire duration, as well as all performances. No exceptions.
- All performers registered by May 28, 2021 are accepted into the program.
- All Performers will receive their script and performance materials on June 5th, 2021 (or after registration if you register after June 5th).
- All Performers must be OFF-BOOK entirely before the first day of the program. This means all lines, dialogue, and lyrics memorized. No exceptions.
- Performers will be responsible for securing their own costumes, with the exception of more difficult costumes. (Scholarships available for students who need assistance with costumes).
- Performers MAY NOT participate in any other performing groups during the two weeks of the program.